The April 2021 Investment Planning Knowledge Circle will be held on Tuesday, April 27th at 3 pm ET.
Guest speakers Ryann Marotta with Austin Asset Management and Brian Dress with Left Brain Wealth Management will be presenting, "Options - When to Use, and How to Benefit."
Over the last decade, equity markets have created wealth for many investors. Though far too often, investors are concentrated in a single stock. If the investor is neither willing nor able to liquidate the position, how do you determine whether the investor could benefit from an options hedging strategy? Are you ready to execute options strategies to offset the concentration risk?
Topics that Ryann will cover include:
- Concentration risk considerations
- A framework for when to hedge
- Options as insurance – the protective put
- Hedging strategies using options
Brian will be discussing selling puts in a way that mimics writing insurance for those looking for downside protection, particularly in stocks that they have interest in taking positions at a price lower than the current market price.
Topics Brian will cover include:
- Selling options as a way to generate income
- Writing puts when the cost of protection is high
- Using options market as a means to purchase stocks that currently trade above your “fair value”
Please note, this Knowledge Circle will run a little different. The registration link will take you to our new Learning Management System at fpalearning.onefpa.org. You will register here and on the day of the webinar you access the call by going to this website and going to your dashboard.