The October 2020 Investment Planning Knowledge Circle will be held on Thursday, October 29th at 3 pm ET.
Guest speaker Brian Dress, Director of Research at LBIR will be presenting, "Understanding Earnings Reports."
Key Topics that will be covered include:
- What is earnings season and what are investors able to learn during this period each quarter?
- Why earnings season is the most important period in the investment calendar
- How investors can make use of both earnings reports and conference call transcripts.
- How analyzing earnings releases is both easier and less time consuming than it appears
- Impact of earnings releases on both short-term and long-term security performance
- How NOT to use earnings reports: why the conventional Wall Street approach is wrong
Brian has 15 years’ experience in the investments industry. Before joining Left Brain, he spent nearly a decade managing an independent portfolio of derivatives, focused mainly in the oil/gas and commodities markets, but also in equities and fixed income. Brian earned his B.S. in International Relations, with a concentration in International Economics, from Georgetown University in Washington, DC. He is currently a candidate for the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) designation.
Brian is a resident in the City of Chicago, where he lives with his wife, Michelle, and young daughter, Juliette. In his spare time, he enjoys spending time with family, working out, cooking, and traveling.